Thursday, March 26, 2009

Whirlwind of Activity

Last few days in Haiphong were a whirlwind of activity. From a project perspective, I wanted to be able to come to closure and deliver a summary report of the month’s activities. In addition, more and more topics were being brought up by my client. More discussions around HR topics – like developing new hires. Handling performance issues with factory workers, as well as developing management skills for team lead and factory manager. In addition, we got into developing business strategy about changing the mix of the products and potential to open up store front in downtown Haiphong to sell, display and develop new clients. As we discussed school uniforms, I went back to my CSC team and go more insight to usage of uniforms. Client was interested in designs as well as distribution channels.

There are so many other things I would have liked to have had more time to do, but time was closing in on me. By mid-day. I was able to deliver a presentation in English – and a version my interpreter had translated into Vietnamese.

For a social perspective, the CSC team hosted a dinner for VCCI and our interpreters Tue evening, Wednesday evening we ended up at one of the client’s for a kind of cook out. Thursday I was invited to my interpreter’s home for dinner. All this and I had to pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment