Friday, March 20, 2009

Ages

Early on in my visit, we discussed ages. It was discovered that the director and I were close to the same age – I at 47, and she at 49. Her husband had recently retired at mandatory age of 56. As we have continued to learn more about each other – we were both a little surprised when we discovered that the director and I were both actually born in 1961 – in the year of the Buffalo. ( I bet this explains my fascination with the water buffalo and the boys riding them playing flutes!). From what I understand, the differences are based on how ages are actually calculated. For example, when I was born, I was 0. I believed when person born in Vietnam, they are one. In addition, I think the age in increased at Tet – the New Year. I’m glad I’m still only 47!

No comments:

Post a Comment