Saturday, March 28, 2009

Welcome to Bejing, Eh!

After landing in Beijing, I was welcomed to Beijing with the above greeting. Just goes to show you how small the world can be. My seat mate on the place, while I Chinese native, spends time in Vancouver and Beijing. I really got a kick out this greeting - and it was delivered totally naturally. We were walking to baggage claim thru new section of Beijing airport - and I just started laughing and told 'George' that wasn't a greeting I had expected. I was very grateful to his assistance as well. I had my own personal guide that helped me get to baggage claim - and also helped get the Chinese name for my hotel and point me told taxi stand. Safe arrival in hotel and even met other members of tour group in the lobby. They had just arrived as well. What a great beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie, good to know that you safely arrived to Bejing!!! Greetings from last evening in Ha Noi.
    Gosia

    ReplyDelete