Friday, March 20, 2009

Inventory Management

Several members of the team are helping our clients with inventory / record management. Many records in small business are kept on paper in notebooks. While my initial reaction is to migrate the records to the computer – its important to consider the availability of computer and the skills to utilize.

At my client, I think there are 4 or 5 computers – two of which are laptops on the daughters who are university students studying in Hanoi. My client is developing new format/forms to track raw material / work in process / and finished goods. I’ve been asked to review the format/procedures in Vietnamese and make recommendations. As you can imagine, this is a challenge. It is crucial that we are able to really accomplish a ‘skills exchange’ so the client can be self-sufficient when my assignment is over – and I only have 4 more work days!

No comments:

Post a Comment