Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Challenges with Excel

Today I met another member of the family, The director has twin daughters – both are working on their final thesis’s for university. The family must be very proud to have such ambitious, successful daughters. Both can communicate well in English and are quick to pick up new concepts. We are working on utilizing Excel to help produce summaries of orders for student uniforms. Each step forward, I learn of new requirement that would be beneficial to add. While I’m very accustomed to using Excel, I’m not as accomplished at designing worksheets. Am progressing thru trail and error and ‘help’. Arjan and I spent some time on Monday and ended up adding an array that appears to be successful. As I reviewed today with the client, I have a few more conditions to account for. In addition, I need to draft detailed instructions to explain what the formula means so that it could be maintained and updated as required.
This afternoon the team will visit the SOS Children’s village. I also have an invitation to stay overnight with my client family. I’ll be sure to share my experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment