Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spa Experience and Dinner at Street Cafe

Last night the ‘girls’ had the opportunity to go the a spa as guest of Monica’s client. We all had facial massages and a cleansing process that was quite an experience. After – we had a analysis of of skin via a technical imaging system. According the the info, I need to be more careful with my sunscreen and use my daily moisturizer more. They suggested that if I used their products – I could look 10 years younger and would reduce the wrinkles. Even so, they thought I looked much younger than 47.

We had dinner at a local street café, Noodles and pork in hot broth. Was pretty good. As you look around Haiphong, there are significantly less Westerners than we saw in Hanio. The look and feel of the town is very different. Our hotel is really on the outskirts of town. My client in also in a more rural area about 10 mins away. So I’m not seeing as much of downtown areas yet. In general, HaiPhong is much more of on industrial town. We wake up to sounds of fog horns and can see out to port. The streets are filled with folks on motorbikes and bikes, but also with heavier equipment mixed in. Its also interesting to see how much can be carried on a bike. Last evening, I saw a bike loaded with about ½ dozen sheets of particle board. The bike was heading up a ramp to go over waterway and was assisted by a guy on motor bike who basically put his foot out on bike to help it get up the ramp. Have also seen sheet metal / tubing / and variety of construction material and a frig .carried in similar manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment