Monday, March 9, 2009

I got phone call from my client late Sunday saying that she was out of town and I should not go to the factory of Monday. As result, Arjan and I took the opportunity to remain at the hotel. Arjan and I were able to work together to create an excel summary for my client and also look for project management tools that we felt several of our clients could use.

Instead of a nap today, Arjan and I took a walk around the hotel. We found the swimming pool –its under active construction and will be very nice. Very reminiscent of a resort pool with fake rocks in the background – I wouldn’t be surprised if it ultimately has water falls. There is also a large structure that we finally figured out will be a golf practice range. About 100 yds away, across a railroad track are rice paddies being maintained in traditional manner. Again, the contrast between current lifestyles is very apparent. This continued as we walk down the road. Access to the port is only couple blocks away. Across the street from our hotel, we can see tugs and ship building yards. Again, a lot of construction, but also the street cafes and beer vendors. Also very obvious that every object has a second life. Lots of metal / machine parts / ship propellers are evident in shops along the road. Also, work is done along the road. Whether this is repairs to bikes, mopeds and rebuilding and cleaning of truck engine parts – you will see all.

No comments:

Post a Comment