Saturday, February 28, 2009

Good Morning Vietnam!

After breakfast, I went in search of Thap Rau, the Tortoise Tower. The tower is located in the middle of a lake surrounded by walkways and benches. This was my initiation into the sights and sounds of Hanoi, At the other end of the lake was the Huc Bridge, crossing over to the Ngoc Son Temple. It was very relaxing, walking and sitting in a bench watching people go by. The change to the Old Quarter was dramatic. Here there were many motorbikes and shops if many kinds. The first thing I had to do was to learn to cross the street. I got help from a couple I met from Melbourne. (Thanks again & was great to meet you) – much better to have someone more experienced to take cues from.
For dinner, after getting things somewhat under control, I had dinner at the sky bar at the Golden Lotus and had my first bowl of Pho in Vietnam. I even ended back upstairs after meeting several members of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment